The Development Officer is responsible for formalizing and executing a broad-based annual giving program and campaign for the Hattie Larlham Foundation. Responsible for all facets of event management, including providing leadership, direction, and training to staff, volunteers, and others in support of foundation's development goals and objectives. Identifies and assists with grants and strategic funding as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years nonprofit development experience required
- Demonstrated ability to promote and successfully solicit major gifts required
- Grant writing and event experience required
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including effective presentation skills required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Raiser's Edge, Adobe Creative Cloud and Mailchimp or similar service preferred
- Communicates and collaborates clearly and effectively to enhance individuals/customer care and facilitate operations of Hattie Larlham Departments.
- Demonstrates leadership to promote objectives of the Hattie Larlham Foundation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a strong sense of urgency coupled with great customer service and stewardship techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, knowledge of donor gifts and solicitations.
- Solid relationship-building skills with a diverse constituency of donors, families, strategic partners, corporate and volunteer audiences.
- Implements the plans, objectives, strategies and measurements to generate significant annual gift income.
- Develops donor acquisition, renewal and retention strategies through direct mail, grants, newsletters and digital communications.
- Works with the Chief Development Officer to identify prospects and donors for personal solicitation.
- Supervise, coach, mentor and evaluate performance of Event Coordinator.
- Responsible to negotiate and process event related contracts sourced by Events Coordinator.
- Creates benchmarking and data measurement process for measuring effectiveness of annual fund activities.
- Implements the plans, objectives, strategies and measurements for all special events and third party fundraisers.
- Works with Communications Officer to create a cohesive external and internal communications program that complements and reinforces fundraising and awareness building initiatives.
Working Environment: As a member of the Management Team, the professional in this role must model strict adherence to the policies and procedures of Hattie Larlham and represent Hattie Larlham in a positive and professional manner at all times. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week exempt position. Compensation is salary-based in equal biweekly payments. The position is required to work at least 40 hours per week, with a core schedule of Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm, with the ability to flex the work schedule on evenings, weekends and holidays as needed to meet the operational needs of the Development department. Travel within the state of Ohio is required. May involve out-of-state travel as directed by the CDO.