Legal Alerts and Law Firm News
- Legal alert - Tough new data laws. The EU’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law went into effect on May 25th, with harsh consequences to companies doing business with Europeans and who don’t comply. Attorneys Max Julian and Nate Haskell help clients stay out of trouble, and have created a checklist to help business owners determine whether they are at risk.
- Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Program rolls out this September, and GLF’s Nick Weiss is one of the few go-to attorneys preparing businesses for the new system. In a recent interview with COSE, Nick shared 8 things businesses need to know to prepare for legalization. Nick is also an instructor of Medical Marijuana Law at the Cleveland School of Cannabis and speaks regularly on this topic to both business owners and attorneys.
- This is a great time to create or update an Estate Plan. For a limited time, the firm is offering 10% off any Estate Planning service to all clients, veterans, chamber members and all of their employees. You can hear a 10-minute Legal Talk with Meg Pauken of Gertsburg Law on Why you need an Estate Plan, and another on Planning for the Next Phase of Life.
- Save the date! On September 20th, The Gertsburg Law Firm teams up with the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association to present “How to stay out of court”, a seminar geared towards small and mid-sized business owners that’s guaranteed to minimize their legal headaches. Watch our Events Page and social media pages for updates on this valuable talk presented by Alex Gertsburg and a panel of experienced experts to help keep your business out of court.
- Gertsburg Law Firm thanks everyone who attended our 5th Annual GLF Blossomtime Party. View photos from the event on our Facebook page.
- Gertsburg Law now offers CoverMySix. CM6 is a unique, confidential legal audit of the six areas most likely to cause you legal exposure. Depending on your industry, those areas are typically Customers, Employees, Partners, Insurance, Vendors, and Technology. Visit covermysix.com to learn more about how to protect your business from lawsuits.
- Best.Podcast.Ever is a collaboration between Alex Gertsburg and Molly Gebler, who interview business and community leaders – professional athletes and actors, school superintendents, restaurateurs and many others – to learn how they got to where they are. As we approach our 50th episode, stream or download and subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher or at www.thebestpodcastever.com.
- Essay contest. The 3rd Annual We Solve Problems Essay Contest was the largest one yet, with over 1500 students submitting essays. The contest was founded by The Gertsburg Law Firm to connect business owners and community leaders with the leaders of tomorrow. Students wrote one-page essays in which they solved a problem and clearly communicated that solution. Over 230 volunteers from local businesses and government judged essays, with the winners and their schools receiving awards totaling $15,000. Read all the finalists’ essays and learn more about the contest at www.wesolveproblems-essay.com.
- The Gertsburg Law Firm website has more than 90 articles on topics covering Employment Law, Consumer Law, and ways to protect your business. Browse our blog at www.gertsburglaw.com/blog/ for numerous free legal tips for your business. Follow Gertsburg Law Firm on Facebook and twitter to be notified when new articles are posted. We also have lots of audio and video legal tips uploaded to our Media Center. Get free legal tips and meet our attorneys through interviews and seminars there.
Thank You to Our Platinum Sponsors
Thank You to Our
Thank You to Our
AURORA COMMUNITY & EVENTS GUIDE
The Aurora Community & Events Guide is an all-around wonderful resource for what's happening in this Best Hometown.
Contact the office if you would like copies to display at your business or CLICK HERE to download a copy.